Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Beginning


All little girls dream of one day falling in love with their prince charming, a man from a far off place who will whisk you off your feet and carry you away to his castle to start an amazing life together. I always pictured myself in beautiful princess gowns, being able to walk outside and talk to the animals that would hurry up to greet me so we could spend the day frolicking in the forest. I admit... maybe I watched one too many Disney movies, but 5 year olds don't need to be reminded of reality. I was happy dreaming of my future life with my prince of a husband.

Fast forward 20 or so years and thanks to the wonders of technology, here I am in Ireland instead of the US where I grew up, married to my incredible husband who loves me unconditionally. I've traded in my dream of gorgeous gowns for ripped up jeans and "Wellies", and instead of a castle I'm living on a 200 year old farm where my husband farms sheep. If you would have told my 5 year old self that all of this was going to happen when she grew up, she definitely wouldn't have believed you. She wouldn't have believed you 10 years ago even! But right now I'm living my fairy tale in the breathtaking Irish countryside with my sheep farming prince and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is a blog about my adventures in starting a new way of life after after I fell in love with a certain Irishman. It's about discovering a new country and an entirely different culture after leaving behind my family, my country, and the only city I've ever lived in. It's about a city girl learning to live in the middle of nowhere (where the shops close by 6pm and NOTHING is open on Sundays!). I'm sure there will be many stories, a ton of laughter, and probably even a few tears, but I'd like to invite you to come along and enjoy with me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment